
This is day number 85 and I'm 12 weeks pregnant! I have 195 days or 28 weeks left, and I am 30.0% of the way there. We are a week further along than we thought - I skipped week 11! =)
I went to the Doctor last week and he was glad that I have made it this far. By Sunday we will have made it over the most vulnerable time for miscarriage. That is so encouraging. I was able to hear the heart beat with a doppler last week. It was going so, so fast! It was just so amazing to hear that our baby was doing so well. At times I forget I am even pregnant or that there is a little guy inside me. To hear that made it all so real. We also have a confirmed due date, well sort of. The Doctor's prediction is that I will go into labor on June 20th and have the baby on June 21st. =) We will be finding out what we are having on Seth's birthday, January 17th. I will be sure to let you all know!!
Check out how much the baby has grown!
Our baby's hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce! He is fully formed - time to grow now. Her face is beginning to look more human. Her eyes, which started out on the sides of her head, have moved closer together on her face, and her ears are near their final positions on the sides of her head. Some of his bones are beginning to harden, and tiny tooth buds are starting to appear under his gums. His fingers and toes have separated, and he may soon be able to open and close his fists. Our baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity about now. Her kidneys are secreting urine into her bladder. Her nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly, and synapses (neurological pathways in the brain) are forming. Our baby may have acquired more reflexes by now, including sucking, hiccups, and she'll even squirm if you prod your abdomen, though you still won't be able to feel her movement for several weeks.
I am starting to "show" just a little bit. I think I realize it more than anyone else. I have gained 2 pounds so far and most of my pants are now too tight to button. But, I try my best to wear what I can without going out to buy new things yet. Here is a scripture that is very familiar. I read it this morning and it impacted me in a different way than it ever has. I wonder why? =)
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my Mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16
Have a very merry Christmas!! I love you guys!
Tracy
12-07-06 Our baby this week =)
2:26 PM
Posted by Tracy at 2:26 PM
Labels: Baby Updates
0 comments:
Post a Comment