I just tucked my sweet daughter in bed and she asked me to sing her song, "you are my sunshine". As I started to sing her little face got the biggest smile and she seemed to be comforted by the familiar song. I then prayed for her and she said, "I love you Momma, goodnight!". This is all after a few hours of "Mommy and Norah time" while Daddy is off playing volleyball and Bradley is sleeping. We made special green cookies with pink frosting and sprinkles and then her favorite dinner, pasta. I made it even more special by setting up a picnic for us outside with music. We talked during dinner - we actually carried on a normal conversation - so weird she is only 2 years old! She kept telling me, "Mom this is a great day! Mom this a perfect dinner". Oh I love these moments when my sweet daughter and I can grow a deeper friendship and form that deep bond together. I hope we will have many more nights cooking, eating, talking and dancing together. I am so very blessed and I feel extremely grateful to God for giving me such a blessing as my Norah. I love you my doodle bug.





2 comments:
oh tracy, I'm soo glad you got that special time with Norah... It brought tears to my eyes, knowing what you've been walking through to hear of your evening together. What an evidence of God's grace that you can write this post... I'm SO happy!! What a fun time... Norah is soo precious...
That's wonderful Tracy! God is so kind to us, isn't He?!?!? He uses those special times in our hearts as much as in theirs!
Post a Comment