You might be wondering why there is a picture of a baking dish? Well, do I have a story for you...
You see, last night I made this wonderful dinner. I prepared a huge pan of it because we really like this meal and wanted leftovers to eat on for the next couple of days. It was great! We had enough left over to last us until we left for our trip this weekend and I wouldn't have to go grocery shopping until we got back- thus saving us money. The plan worked out perfectly.
However, as I was cleaning up dinner and putting away the food, a tragic thing happened. I was holding the pan that was still full of food...I opened the refrigerator and proceeded to place it on the shelf that I had just cleaned off...And then the unthinkable happened...the pan jumped out of my hands and flew across the floor...shattering into several small pieces of glass and food intermixed. I was devastated. Of course, I immediately started crying. Seth came in and graciously gave me a hug and said it was okay. We then spent the next 30 or so minutes cleaning up the huge mess. This dinner, perfectly thought out and planned to last us until we left was now covering our kitchen floor. Horrible!
Seth left for the men's meeting at the building and I stayed home to still clean the last remaining bits and pieces of glass and food. When he came home he walked in with this brand new pan equipped with premium grip handles! He also brought me a cantaloupe - which I have been craving. =) What an amazing Husband God has blessed me with in Seth! His response to this whole situation was remarkable. Even though I am still upset that I wasted all that food - I loved seeing how much Seth has grown in the area of graciousness. What a blessing. I love you Seth!! Thanks for my new pan - I won't break this one - I promise!! =)
I'm feeling pregnant...
6:26 AM
Posted by Tracy at 6:26 AM
Labels: Pregnancy Stories
1 comments:
I love your stories Tracy, they are always very entertaining! Also, great craving to have. Mine of course was junk food, which is not so good for the post baby belly :)
Post a Comment